First name and surname: Levitki Oleg
Scientific degree and scientific/scientific-didactic title / (the date of obtaining thereof): Habilitated Doctor of Historical Sciences, specialty 613.01 (07.00.06) – Archaeology (diploma series DH, no. 0339, issued on the „20” November 2002 „;
Senior scientific researcher in the specialty of ARCHAEOLOGY (certificate series CSS, no. 0456, issued on the „20” April 2000
Higher education: (graduated higher education institution, period, obtained qualifications).
State Pedagogical Institute „Ion Creanga”, Department of History, Chisinau, 1973-1978 – teacher of history and social sciences, methodologist in educational labor field Professional experience, internships (institutions which have been worked at, post, period, completed crowning accomplishments):
|Month and year of hiring and firing||Position with indication of the organization, enterprise, institution|
|1980-1982||Institute of Archaeology and Ethnography of the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Moldova, Chisinau – senior laboratory assistant|
|1982-1986||junior scientific researcher|
|1991-1999||senior scientific researcher|
|1999-2002||coordinator of scientific research|
|2002-2004||principal scientific researcher|
|2004-2006||chief of the department of Prehistoric Archaeology and Thracology of theInstitute of Archaeology and Ethnography of the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Moldova|
|2006-31.03.2013||Director of the Center of Archaeology, Institute of Cultural Heritage of the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Moldova|
|01.04.2013 – 27.10.2014.||Interim Director of the Institute of Cultural Heritage|
|28.10.2014 – present||Director of the Center of Archaeology, Institute of Cultural Heritage of the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Moldova|
Domain-specific qualifications, professional development: (institutions where classes were held, period, research area).
1986-1987 – interne, Institute of History of Material Culture, St. Petersburg
1987-1990 – doctoral candidacy student, Institute of History of Material Culture, St. Petersburg, defended the thesis: 1991, Theme: Kul’tura Dnestrovsko-Siretskogo mejdurech’ia na rubeje vtorogo-pervogo tysiacheletii do n.e.( Pamiatniki kannelirovannogo gal’shtatta tipa Kishinev-Korleteni) / The culture of Dniester-Sirets interfluve at the turn of the second-first millenniums B.C. (Monuments of the ornamented Hallstatt of the Kishinev-Korleteni type)– CSS/Special Council Meeting D.002.18.02 under the Leningrad Branch of Archaeology Institute of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR;
1994-2003 – Senior Researcher of the 2-nd grade (part-time), Romanian Institute of Thracology, Bucharest; defended the thesis of Habilitated Doctor of Historical Sciences: 2002, Theme: Lumea tracica si masivul cultural nord-pontic in perioada hallstattiana timpurie (secolele XII-X i.e.n) / (Thracian world and North Pontic cultural area in the early Hallstatt period (the XII-th – X-th centuries B.C.) – CSS/Special Council Meeting HD 07.92.18 under the State University of Moldova
2005, February – interne, Cairo University, Egypt
Field of scientific work: Archaeology, Ancient History
Participation in projects, research or technology transfer grants: as leader, participated in the realization of:
– Institutional project „Dimensiunea europeana a patrimoniului arheologic al Republicii Moldova”/ „European dimension of the archaeological heritage of the Republic of Moldova” reference number 11.817.07.19F – 2011-2014.
– Research project obtaned by competition from foreign organizations “Issledovanie arkheologicheskikh pamiatnikov mikrozony Trinka (Edinetskii raion, Respublika Moldova) kak primer izuchenia kul’turnogo naslediia drevnikh obschestv” / “Study of archaeological monuments of the Trinca microzone (Edinet district, Republic of Moldova) as an example of ancient communities heritage study”) agreement no. 62. Mejgosudarstvennyi fond gumanitarnogo sotrudnichestva gosudarstv uchastnikov SNG /(Interstate collection of humanitarian collaboration of the CIS Member States) -2011.
– Scientific contract „Investigatii arheologice in zona de reconstrutţie a lacului de acumulare „Valea Morilor”/( „Archaeological Investigations in the reconstruction zone of the lake” Valea Morilor „); Contract No. 26 dated 07 July 2010. IPC with municipal organization Constructii capitale a Primariei mun. Chisinau/ (Capital constructions of the Mayoralty of the mun. Chisinau) – 2010.
– „Cercetari arheologice preventive la monumentul istoric de categorie nationala”Conacul Manuc Bei” din or. Hincesti / („Saving archaeological research on the historical monument of national category „Conacul Manuc Bei” in the town of Hancesti) – 2013
as a performer, realizing:
– Institutional project; „Arheologia şi procesele etno-culturale în spaţiul carpato-nistrean (din preistorie pînă în prezent)”/ („Archaeology and ethno-cultural processes in the Carpathian-Dniester region (from prehistory until now)” 06410012 F – project manager Hab. Dr. Dergaciov V.,. – 2006-2010
– Project of state programs; „Istoria Moldovei. Vol. I. Epoca preistorică şi antică”/ („History of Moldova. Vol. I. Prehistoric and ancient age „) cipher 09.833.07.01F, project manager Hab. Dr. V. Dergaciov – 2009
– International Grant ;„Monumentele greceşti şi scito-sarmatice din Moldova”, Vol. I. Monumentele prescitice din Moldova (sec. VIII – înc. VII î.Hr.)” / („Scythian-Sarmatian and Greek monuments from Moldova,” Vol. I. Prescythian monuments from Moldova (VIII-th centuary – beginnig of the VII-th BC) „– cipher 09.820.07.01 UIA – project manager – Dr. M. Kasuba – 2009
Participation in national and international scientific forums:
in the last 5 years has participated with reports in the following national and international scientific forums:
international plenary sessions:
- Meeting of archaeological Summer Schools Coordinators ” Letnie shkoly arkheologov i restavratorov: organizatsiia molodejnykh otriadov arkheologov i restavratorov”/ (“Summer schools of archaeologists and reformers: organization of youth brigades of archaeologists and reformers”) funded by Mejgosudarstvennyi fond gumanitarnogo sotrudnichestva gosudarstv-uchastnikov SNG (MFGS) /(International fund of humanitarian collaboration of the CIS Member States (IFHC)), Moscow, 13-14 September 2011;
- International scientific conference: “Arkheologiia Kazakhstana v epokhu nezavisimosti: itogi, perspektivy” posviaschennaia 20-letiiu Instituta Arkheologii im. A.H. Margulana AH Kazakhstana./ (“Archaeology of Kazakhstan in an independence era: results and prospects”, dedicated to the 20-th anniversary of the Institute of Archaeology A. H. Margulan of the AS) 13-14 December 2011. Almaty (Kazakhstan).
at scientific conferences, international symposia:
- International Conference Humboldt-Kolleg in Chisinau, Republic of Moldova „Der Schwarzmeerraum we Äneolithikum bis in die Früheisenzeit (5000-500 v. Chr Globale Entwicklung versus Lokalgeschehen „. 4-8 October 2009, Chisinau;
- International Conference ” Technologieentwicklung und –transfer in der Eisenzeit „. 10 -13 September 2009, Hallstatt (Austria);
- National Symposium ” Zilele Bacaului /(Days of Bacau)”, 2-3 October 2009 Bacau, Romania;
- International Conference ” Problemi skifo-sarmats’koi arkheologii Pivnichnogo Prichornomor’ia (do 110-richchia z dnia narozhdennia B. M. Grakova)” /(Problems of the Scythian-Sarmatian archaeology of the Northern Black Sea region (to the 110-th anniversary of B. M. Grakov)). Zaporizhzhia. 2009;
- International Scientific Session”Probleme actuale ale arheologiei, etnologiei şi studiului artelor”/( „Actual problems of Archaeology, Ethnology and Art”) CPI ASM, May 14-16 2009 Chisinau;
- Annual Scientific Session of the National Museum of Eastern Carpathians, VII-th edition. St. George 11-12 November 2010;
- 12-th International Colloquium of Funerary Archaeology. Topic: The weaponry and combat the parade or gear-marks of the prestige and social status in the tombs of the Bronze and Iron Ages. Braila, 22nd – 24th October 2010;
- International Scientific Conference: III (XIX) Vserossiskii Arkheologicheskii s’’ezd/(All-Russian Archaeological Congress.). 24-29 October 2011. St. Russa-Velikii Novgorod (Russia);
- International Scientific Conference: ” Bosporskii fenomen. Naselenie, iazyki, kontakty”/ (Bosporan phenomenon. Population, languages, contacts). 22-25 November 2011. St. Petersburg (Russia);
- International Scientific Conference: III Abkhazskaia mejdunarodnaia arkheologicheskaia konferentsiia “Arkheologiia i okhrana naslediia Vostochnogo Prichernomor’ia i sopredel’nykh territorii” posviaschennaiia pamiati arkheologa-antikoveda G. K. Shamba/ (III Abkhazian international archaeological conference „Archaeology and protection of the heritage of the Eastern Black Sea region and adjacent territories”, dedicated to the memory of archaeologist and antiquity specialist G. K. Shamba). 27 -30 November 2011. Suhum (Republic of Abkhazia);
- Arkheologiia Kazakhstana v epokhu nezavisimosti: itogi, perspektivy: Mejdunarodnaiia nauchnaiia konferentsiia, posviaschennaiia 20-letiiu Nezavisimosti Respubliki Kazakhstan i 20-letiiu Instituta arkheologii im. A. h. Margulana. КN МОN RК. /Archaeology of Kazakhstan during an independence era: results and prospects: International scientific conference dedicated to the 20-th anniversary of independence of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the 20-th anniversary of the Institute of Archaeology A. H. Margulan. Science Committee of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan. Almaty. 2011;
- Bronze and Iron Ages Graves from Eurasia: Gender between Archaeology and Anthropology. 13th International Colloquium of Funerary Archaeology. Buzau, 17th and 20th October 2012;
- The Thracians and their Neighbors in the Bronze and Iron Ages. Programme, reports and abstracts. The 12th International Congress of Thracology. Targoviste 10-14September 2013.
- International Scientific Conference „Probleme actuale ale arheologiei, etnologiei şi studiului artelor”/„Actual problems of Archaeology, Ethnology and Art”, Chisinau, 28-29 October 2010;
- Republican Scientific Session „Chisinau – Vatra de istorie si civilizatie milenara” /„Chisinau – Home of millenary history and civilization”, Chisinau, Moldova, October 12, 2011;
- Scientific Session of the National Museum of History of Moldova (XXIII-rd edition). 3-4 October 2013.
national with international participation:
- Scientific Conference with international participation CPI, ASM „Probleme actuale ale arheologiei, etnologiei şi studiului artelor,/„Actual problems of Archaeology, Ethnology and Art”, Chisinau, 24-26 May 2011;
- Scientific Conference with international participation. Probleme actuale ale arheologiei, etnologiei şi studiului artelor/Actual problems of Archaeology, Ethnology and Art. Chisinau, 22- 24 May 2013.
Statistical data on the total number of published scientific and methodological-didactic publications (monographs, reviews, articles, materials of scientific communications, patents, certificates of species of plants, animal breeds, software, manuals, methodical works, etc.)
138 scientific papers, including 6 monographs, 2 other monographic studies are under development and two methodological papers. Participation in activities of expertise, consulting, publishing activities (member of editorial board of scientific national and international journals of certain associations of science):
– Member of Archaeological Committee of the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Moldova;
– Member of the Committee of Experts of National Council of Accreditation and Certification (by the end of 2012);
– Member of the Editorial Board (2005), responsible editor (2006- 2010), editor-in-chief (since 2010) of “Archaeological Journal”;
– Member of the Editorial Board of the Scientific Journal of the Institute of Eco-museum Research ” PEUCE „, Tulcea, Romania since 2011;
Awards, distinctions and honorary titles:
Diploma of the Presidium of the Academy of Sciences of Moldova, No. 58, 30 May 2004.
Computer knowledge: user level
Known languages (indicating awareness): Romanian, Russian (perfectly); French (sufficiently).
Training in management of research and education:
– Chairman of specialized methodological seminar under CPI ASM 06.00.07;
– Member of specialized methodological seminar under SUM 06.00.07;
– Member, Chairman of the Specialized Scientific Councils (ad-hoc) of defending of Doctoral/ Habilitation theses;
– Member of the Scientific Council of the CPI ASM;
– Core and optional courses – Faculty of History and ethno-pedagogy UPC „Ion Creanga” for students and masters;
– Adviser / consultant on Doctoral/Habilitation theses;
– Master thesis adviser.
Other professional skills:
– Valuable experience in the sphere of archaeological field research;
– Experienced organizer of scientific activity of the Department, Centre, and in April 2013, as Director of the Institute of Cultural Patrimony of the ASM
Date of birth: 26/05/1956
Address, contact numbers, e-mail: mun. Chisinau, Gh. Asachi Str. 62/3, ap. 42b,
work telephone number – 26/09/59; mobile telephone number – 069600412; e-mail: